Fruit Kebab For the BBQ
Is anyone else going stir crazy with the kids in lock-down? Are you running out of things to do? The kids will love to get involved and make these quick and simple fruit kebab snacks. Not only are they easy to make they will add to your 5 a day and can be made at home in the garden or even on the beach. They are perfect for an impromptu inset day whilst in lockdown too. Try enjoying them as a delicious snack or a simple, yet healthy snack.
- 1 x large banana, thickly sliced
- 175g strawberries, larger ones halved
- 1x mango, stoned, peeled and cubed
- 1 x peach, stoned and cut into Wedges
- 2 x kiwi fruit, peeled and quartered
- Chocolate dessert sauce for drizzling
Fruit Kebabs Method
- Soak the wooden skewers in olive oil so that they don’t burn and stick.
- Thread fruit on to the skewers, the kids would probably enjoy helping at this point.
- Cook on the BBQ, rotating occasionally until they start to caramelise. This can easily be cooked on a disposable BBQ so versatile for any family to make.
- Serve the fruit kebab immediately, drizzled with the chocolate sauce.